An Ormond Beach woman won a Book of the Year award.
Daily, people are bombarded with information, often more than the mind can handle. Penney Peirce says it’s now necessary to let the right side of the brain take over, where intuition rules, to handle the barrage of data.
“We can’t process everything,” she said. “We need a whole new way of knowing. With the right brain you experience the truth of reality.”
Her recent book, “Leap of Perception: The Transforming Power of Your Attention,” is a guidebook on how to use heightened perception to navigate today's accelerating changes, and it recently won Book of the Year and Best Alternative Science Book at the 2014 Coalition of Visionary Resources Awards, which were presented at the International New Age Trade Show, June 28-30, in Denver.
It’s the third book in a trilogy by Peirce, who moved to Ormond Beach from Northern California last fall to be near her 91-year-old mother.
The first two books were “The Intuitive Way: The Definitive Guide to Increasing Your Awareness,” and “Frequency: The Power of Personal Vibration.” Peirce’s books are published in more than 25 languages.
Peirce is the author of six books on the development of consciousness, intuition, dreams and personal and societal transformation.
“Intuition expands what you are aware of,” Peirce said. “We need to think differently to solve today’s problems.”
Peirce said that if a person experiences a repeat pattern, such as having bad jobs or bad relationships, they should look at the situation internally, using the intuitive process. They may feel they don’t deserve to have a good job or a better relationship. She said once they get over that notion, things will change.
She said we need to stop the internal dialog that goes on in our mind.
“Be quiet, and be in the present, and centered in the body so you can perceive the moment,” she said. “You can only do one thing in the moment.”
She said when you have intuition, you open your spirit.
“It’s about slowing down. Put your attention on something, and it will reveal knowledge,” she said.
Peirce, who also works as a counselor and trainer, can be contacted via her website at penneypeirce.com or by email at [email protected].
Coalition of Visionary Resources is a nonprofit trade organization that helps facilitate and support business in the Mind/Body/Spirit industry.
Seven Tips for Improving Your Intuition
Copyright Penney Peirce (This is an edited version)
1. Learn to identify your prevailing beliefs, judgments, and attitudes about the way the world works and who you think you are. Maybe there are other ways to be!
2. Be willing to experience every feeling that emerges in your body. Eventually it will turn into an Ah-ha!
3. Remember to consciously pause between actions. Throughout the day, remind yourself to drop into the here-and-now and feel the world from your body's simple perspective.
4. Cultivate the habit of appreciating and acknowledging yourself and others for good deeds, successes, uniqueness, and beauty. Speak words that benefit others and the world. Notice what's right with the world. Intuition flows when you see the glass half full rather than half empty.
5. Develop the "warrior's attention." Like a samurai, be alert and present in each moment. Be ready to act, without any biases.
6. Learn to check with your body and your "reptile brain" to see what you instinctually want to do next. Intuition occurs in the NOW, in the body.
7. Let go of needing things to be nailed down in advance. You can still have a vision and goals, you can still make plans, but let it all be fluid. Visions and plans evolve constantly.