Fields BMW sponsors Ormond Chamber's Teacher of the Quarter, winner gets $250 gift card and a chauffeured ride
Jennifer Mahon, a teacher at Pine Trail elementary, had a BMW 7-Series pick her up from school after she won the Teacher of the Quarter Award from the Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce.
Nine teachers were nominated and selected from Ormond Beach schools, and one teacher was randomly chosen to win a $250 gift card to an Ormond Beach restaurant and a chauffered ride to and from dinner in a BMW 7-Series. Steve McDonald, general manager of Fields BMW Daytona, offered to sponsor the gift card and the free ride.
The winners are as followed:
- Seabreeze High School — Mike Austin
- Osceola Elementary School — Christy Cleckler
- Ormond Beach Elementary School — Francesca Knutson
- PACE Center for Girls — Patricia Pardua
- Ormond Beach Middle School — Heather Ryan
- Pine Trail Elementary School — Jennifer Mahon
- Pathways Elementary School — Jessica Palmer
- Hinson Middle School — Kathryn Russo
- Tomoka Elementary School — Lori Murray
Destined to teach
Donna Delzingaro always knew her daughter was going to be a teacher. At just 3 years old, Lori Murray was already at the
chalkboard, pretending she was leading a classroom of dedicated stuffed animals. Now a fifth-grade teacher at Tomoka Elementary School, Murray was among the nine local educators who won the chamber's Teacher of the Quarter award.
"This is a well deserved honor," her principal, Susan Tuten, wrote in a note. "I love your enthusiasm for learning, and the effort you demonstrate to make each and every day count for all of your students. You are a role model."