Skip to main content
News
Ormond Beach Observer Monday, May 7, 2018 4 months ago

Mount Dora man dies from accidental electrocution while inspecting roof of Ormond Beach home

Share
William Spear made contact with the power lines.
by: Jarleene Almenas News Editor

A 58-year-old Mount Dora man died by accidental electrocution on Friday, May 4, while inspecting a roof at an Ormond Beach home.

The Ormond Beach Police Department reported that William Spear attached a camera to a metal pole to get a better look at a house's roof in the 100 block of Windward Circle when the pole made contact with power lines. OBPD and the Ormond Beach Fire Department were notified of the incident at about 8:37 a.m. 

Spear was transported to the hospital, and later pronounced dead. 

 

 

 

Related Stories

Advertisement