Mainland qualified for the state meet in 13 events.
The Mainland track and field team competed in the Class 3A Region 2 meet on Thursday, April 26, at George Jenkins High School in Lakeland. The girls team finished in seventh place while the boys team took home top honors.
Here are the results:
- 100-meter dash: Cydney Wright 12.59 (5th)
- 200-meter dash: Wright 25.25 (3rd)
- 4x400-meter relay: Relay Team 4:09.05 (3rd)
- 4x800-meter relay: Relay Team 10:00.90 (1st)
- 100-meter dash: Latavies Sylvester 11.00 (3rd)
- 200-meter dash: Steffan Mallory 22.36 (2nd)
- 400-meter dash: Demarcus Adams 48.30 (1st), Mallory 48.73 (2nd), Elijah White 50.22 (4th)
- 110-meter hurdle: Adams 13.82 (1st)
- 4x100-meter relay: Relay Team 42.19 (2nd)
- 4x400-meter relay: Relay Team 3:20.24 (1st)
- 4x800-meter relay: Relay Team 8:16.63 (2nd)
- Long jump: Adams 6.82 meters (2nd), Nathaniel Dell 6.68 meters (4th)
- Triple jump: Mallory 13.29 meters (4th)
Halifax Rowing competes in Sweeps State Championships
For the first time in club history, the junior girls 4+ finished on the podium at the FSRA Sweeps State Championships in Sarasota. Emma Dominguez, Brooke Bell, Elisa Maneke, Julia Van Cleef and Meredith Pallamaerts, all of Spruce Creek High School, captured the Bronze medal in the 1,500-meter race, finishing ahead of girls high school crews from around the state. Vince Leffler (Spruce Creek) and Zach Stapleton (Seabreeze) posted a seventh-place finish in their varsity 2-boat. The HRA boys junior 4+, made up of Thomas Spelmans, Dylan Anderson and Eli Coleman (Seabreeze) and Armeen Khazraee, Ryan Welch (Spruce Creek) — one of the youngest crews in their event — finished 12th.