Skip to main content
Cops Corner
Ormond Beach Observer Tuesday, Feb. 23, 2021 2 days ago

Unknown man offers resident $100 to fight him

This week in Cops Corner...
by: Jarleene Almenas Associate Editor

Jan. 14

Deer-ly beloved

12:33 p.m. — 500 block of West Granada Boulevard

Suspicious incident. Officers were dispatched to a wooded area near some medical offices after a caller notified the finding of what he believed to be human remains. 

The reporting officer was led to the bones, which were partially covered by dirt and leaves on the ground. The officer noted they were white in color and reported they appeared to be from a large animal. The bones were sent to the medical examiner's office, where it was determined that the bones were from a deer, or other large animal. 

The case is now closed.

Feb. 1

Parking lot outburst

7:03 p.m. — 1600 block of West Granada Boulevard

Aggravated assault. As a 32-year-old Ormond Beach man was leaving a local gas station, he was confronted by an unknown man who began yelling "fight me" at the resident and offered him $100 to get out of his car and do so. 

According to a police report, the resident tried to leave and the man blocked him in with his vehicle. The resident told police the man then threatened to shoot him, and that as the man walked back to his car, he feared the man was going to retrieve a firearm. The resident was able to leave the scene and called police from a nearby parking lot. 

Police spoke with the gas station attendants, who said the man was a regular and that he had been upset when they refused to sell him alcohol without an ID. 

The resident expressed to police that he wished to press charges. 

Feb. 10

Memory is a tricky thing

8:09 a.m. — First block of Lake Vista Way

Information. A 47-year-old Ormond Beach resident called police to report that his vehicle had been vandalized, claiming that it happened overnight and that the car had not been driven in three weeks. 

Police noticed that the damage resembled such caused by a crash, but the resident insisted he hadn't driven it, according to a police report. Police conducted an investigation and discovered the vehicle had been driven eight days prior. The resident said he didn't remember this, but then his wife reminded him they had used the car to go to a restaurant on that day. 

Related Stories