Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Oct. 10 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Former Buccaneers football player and current Florida State Seminole Cyrus Fagan was named the ACC's Defensive Back of the Week after the Seminoles' victory over N.C. State.
- Mainland's volleyball team won three of its final five regular season matches. The Buccaneers beat Warner Christian Academy, Matanzas and Sandalwood, while losing to Taylor and Gainesville. The Buccaneers concluded the regular season with a 10-8 record. The postseason starts on Friday, Oct. 11.
- After a winless season in 2018 and slow start to 2019, Seabreeze's volleyball team has a .500 record with one regular season game remaining. The Sandcrabs, led by first-year head coach Sara Swayze, are 8-8 with an away game against Palatka set for Thursday, Oct. 10.
- Nickole Dane was the top girls finisher for the Sandcrabs' cross country team, which competed in the Windermere HS XC Invitational on Saturday, Oct. 5, in Clermont. She finished 25th with a time of 21:30.70. Seth Augustynowski was the top finisher for the boys, taking 37th with a time of 17:43.01.
- Former Mainland football player Brian Jenkins Jr. caught seven passes for 73 yards in Alabama A&M's 35-28 overtime victory over Texas Southern on Saturday. He also ran four times for 14 yards.