Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments in the Sept. 19 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Despite losing two of its last three games, Mainland's volleyball team is 6-3 on the season as of Tuesday, Sept. 17. After consecutive losses, the Buccaneers defeated Deltona in straight sets Thursday, Sept. 12, at Deltona High School.
- Seabreeze's boys and girls track teams had four runners finish in the top 100 in the Bale-n-Trail Cross Country Original on Saturday, Sept. 14, in Jacksonville. For the boys team, Seth Augustynowski (18:01.80) and Trent Crick (18:04.30) finished 68th and 69th, respectively. For the girls team, Nickole Dane (22:17.70) and Kimberly Collins (22:26.00) took 71st and 80th, respectively.
- Former Mainland football player Adrian Killins, a senior at the University of Central Florida, ran the ball eight times for 44 yards and caught four passes for 28 yards in the Knights' 45-27 victory over Stanford on Saturday. Killins has three total touchdowns this season (two rushing, one receiving).
- Former Mainland and Florida Gators football player John Huggins had two tackles and one pass defended in Robert Morris' 34-31 loss to Daytona on Saturday.
- Playing in his second game of the season, former Mainland star running back D'Andre McMillian caught two passes for eight yards in Murray State's loss to Toledo on Saturday.