Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Oct. 24 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Mainland defensive back Ra'Mello Dotson announced that he received a scholarship offer from the University of Massachusetts. Located in Amherst, the University of Massachusetts is an independent Division I program.
- Seabreeze's volleyball team's season came to an end on Oct. 15 with a 3-0 loss to Ponte Vedra in the district championship. The Sandcrabs, who failed to win a game a season ago, went 10-9 under first-year head coach Sara Swayze.
- Father Lopez golfer Lisa Colee qualified for the FHSAA State Golf Championships at the Mission Inn and Resort on Nov. 1-2.
- Nickole Dane and Seth Augustynowski were the top runners for Seabreeze, which competed in the Five Star Conference Championship the morning of Friday, Oct. 19, in Port Orange. Dane placed eighth with a time of 21:11.62 for the girls team, and Augustynowski placed 13th with a time of 17:52.64 for the guys team.
- Mainland's Madelyn Bronson and Grace Hawryluk both finished in the top 10 at the Five Star Conference Championship. Bronson finished fifth with a time of 20:51.82 , and Hawryluk finished seventh with a time of 21:02.17.