Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Nov. 21 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Seabreeze soccer's Kara Haas recently signed her national letter of intent to play college soccer for Eastern Kentucky University.
- Former Seabreeze football player Sam Hayworth, a place kicker at Western Kentucky University, was flawless in his senior night game against Tennessee Tech. Western Kentucky won 22-10 the night of Saturday, No. 16. Hayworth went 3-for-3 on field goal attempts, connecting from 22 yards, 29 yards and 26 yards. He also made an extra point.
- Mainland football player Ra'Mello Dotson announced that he went on an official visit to Central Michigan University, which is located in Mount Pleasant. The Chippewas area Division I FBS team that plays in the Mid-American Conference.
- Mainland quarterback Taron Keith, who committed to the University of South Florida a few months ago, recently announced his decommitment from the school. "I realized that I rushed the process," he wrote on Twitter. "USF is still and will be one of my top choices!!! My recruitment is back open."
- After opening the season with a loss to Flagler Palm Coast, Seabreeze's girls soccer team won back-to-back games by a wide margin, defeating Belleview 10-0 and Deltona 8-0.