Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Jan. 30 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Seabreeze's boys wrestling team has been on a hot streak as of late. After winning a district duals title a few weeks ago, the Sandcrabs won the Ed Kilpatrick Classic on Jan. 18 and the Ray Hollingworth Tournament on Jan. 25. The Sandcrabs took on 17 other teams in the Ed Kilpatrick Classic, scoring 161.5 points. They beat four other teams at the Ray Hollingworth Tournament.
- Mainland tight end/half back Kaleb Costner announced that he is committed to play football for Stetson University. The Stetson Hatters are a NCAA Division I FCS program that is a member of the Pioneer Football League.
- Despite losing to Fleming Island on Jan. 24, Seabreeze's boys soccer team concluded the 2019-20 regular season with an 11-5 overall record. The Sandcrabs also went 4-0 in district play.
- Mainland's girls basketball team defeated rival Seabreeze 61-8 on Jan. 21 at Seabreeze High School. It was the Buccaneers' seventh win of the season. The Buccaneers have since beaten Lyman in a 71-46 victory on Jan. 27.
- Mainland's girls soccer team concluded the 2019-20 regular season with six consecutive victories to finish the regular season with a 12-6 record. The Buccaneers went 4-11 last season.