Check out the top sports moments for the March 19 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Seabreeze football's Matthew Bosset announced that he received an invitation to Podyum Preps' Rising Stars Spring Showcase, held May 28-31 in Fort Lauderdale. The Rising Stars Showcase is only accepting 110 athletes for the class of 2021. The showcase includes a testing combine and full-padded practice, where the athletes will compete in front of scouts.
- Former Mainland basketball player Johnny Brown, a versatile forward who currently plays for the Florida State College at Jacksonville, announced that he received a scholarship offer from Florida A&M University. Located in Tallahassee, Florida A&M is an NCAA Division I program that plays in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference.
- Mainland basketball player Isys Grady, who just concluded her junior year with the Buccaneers, announced that she received a scholarship offer from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. The Spartans are part of an NCAA Division I program that plays in the Southern Conference.
- Seabreeze's flag football team opened the season 2-0, defeating DeLand 21-14 in the season opener and stomping Taylor 60-0.
- Seabreeze track and field's Ella Chandler took first place in the 800-meter run at the Flagler-Volusia Freshman Sophomore meet, held Wednesday, March 11, at Flagler Palm Coast High School. Chandler posted a time of 2:20.12.