Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Oct. 17 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Seabreeze's volleyball team won its opening district tournament match, taking down Parker High School in straight sets on the night of Monday, Oct. 14.
- Mainland's 2019 volleyball season came to an end the night of Oct. 14. Facing New Smyrna Beach in the first round of the district playoffs, the Buccaneers were swept 3-0. The Buccaneers concluded the season with an 11-11 record.
- Seabreeze's boys cross country team finished in third place at the Best Community Values' RUN MATANZAS XC INVITATIONAL on Saturday, Oct. 12, in Palm Coast. Seth Augustynowski was the top finisher for the Sandcrabs' boys team, placing seventh with a time of 17:17.37. The Sandcrabs' girls team was led by Nickole Dane, who placed third with a time of 19:50.72.
- Mainland's girls cross country team placed two runners inside the top 10 at Saturday's meet. Madelyn Bronson took seventh with a time of 21:08.25, and Grace Hawryluk placed eighth with a time of 21:12.77.
- Despite a loss to Clemson, Florida State defensive back and former Mainland football player Cyrus Fagan recorded two solo tackles and assisted on three other tackles against the Tigers.