Skip to main content
Check out the top sports moments for the Jan. 16 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Seabreeze's boys wrestling team made program history on Saturday, Jan. 11. The Sandcrabs won the district duals championship for the first time in school history.
- Former Buccaneers receiver D'Marcus Adams, a former redshirt freshman at Florida State University, announced that he is transferring from FSU to Florida Atlantic University.
- Mainland football's Ra'Mello Dotson, a standout defensive back for the Buccaneers, announced that he is taking an official visit to Georgia State University this upcoming weekend. The Panthers play in the NCAA's Division I Sun Belt Conference.
- Mainland's boys soccer team won their first two games of the season recently. The Buccaneers defeated Deltona 4-0 on Jan. 9 and took down Belleview 5-2 on Jan. 10. The Buccaneers now have a 2-10-1 overall record.
- Seabreeze's boys basketball team got back in the win column on Jan. 9 after the Sandcrabs defeated rival New Smyrna Beach 51-48.