Check out the top sports moments for the Dec. 19 edition of the Ormond Beach Observer!
- Seabreeze's girls basketball team, which went winless last season, is off to a 6-4 start in 2019-20. The Sandcrabs most recently toppled Pine Ridge 58-34 the night of Monday, Dec. 16, at Seabreeze High School.
- Mainland football's Lukas Walker announced that he was selected to compete in the Florida-Georgia All-Star Game. Walker, a senior at Mainland, was a standout player on the offensive line for the Buccaneers.
- Former Buccaneers football player Richard Kamara announced that he received a scholarship offer from Alderson Broaddus University in Philippi, West Virginia. Kamara, who started at quarterback for the Buccaneers in his senior season in 2017, was most recently playing football at a community college in Arizona. Alderson Broaddus, a Division II school, is a member of the Great Midwest Athletic Conference.
- Mainland running back Nathaniel "Wam" Braswell announced that he received an offer to play football for Florida Memorial University. Located in Miami Gardens, the Fighting Lions compete in the NAIA's Sun Conference.
- Seabreeze's boys basketball team beat Atlantic 70-66 the night of Friday, Dec. 13, at Atlantic High School. It was the Sandcrabs' second victory of the season.