Also in the Observer: Youth summer volleyball starting in Ormond Beach.
College offers, signees and commitments
- Mainland senior Tyler Reese signed his national letter of intent to play college golf for Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Daytona Beach. Reese, who will major in business at Embry-Riddle, advanced to the FHSAA state championship three times with the Buccaneers. His older brother, Logan Reese, plays golf for Emmanuel College.
- Former Seabreeze soccer player Kai Koreniuk was selected to participate in Team USA's U-23 national camp from June 9-16 in Utah. He was one of 20 players called up from training camp.
- Mainland football player Jordan Warren (2020) announced that he received a scholarship offer from Ellsworth Community College. Located in Iowa Falls, Iowa, the Panthers compete in nine intercollegiate sports as a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association. The Ellsworth football team has won two NJCAA national championships.
- Mainland football player Taron Keith (2020) announced that he received a scholarship offer from Mercer University. Located in Macon, Georgia, the Bears are a Division I program that plays in the Southern Conference. Keith, who plays quarterback for the Buccaneers, also visited the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville recently.
- Mainland football player Shawn Daffin announced that he received an offer from Fort Scott Community College. Located in Fort Scott, Kansas, the Greyhounds compete in the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference.
- Mainland football player Ra'Mello Dotson (2020) also received an offer from Mercer.
Youth summer volleyball starting in Ormond Beach
A youth summer volleyball league began its season on Tuesday, June 11. Games are from 6 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. every Tuesday and Thursday until Aug. 31 at the Nova Community Center, located at 440 N. Nova Road in Ormond Beach. It's $50 for Ormond Beach residents and $74 for non residents. For more information, you can reach the Ormond Beach Leisure Services Department's Gary Pitchford at (386) 676-3280 or [email protected].