See what else is going on in Your Town...
The Casements Camera Club recently announced the winners for its 41st-annual show, which according to a press release, drew a variety of entries that were judged by photographer Susan Francis, co-owner of the Harmon Studio of Photography in Orlando.
The results are as follows:
- Best of show: "Deep Sorrow" by Vicki Payne
- First place: "Charleston Harbor" by Donna Armstrong
- Second place: "Pelican with an Attitude" by Larry Parker
- Third place: "Tomoka Mist" by Nancy Munier
- The Casements Award: "Charleston Harbor" by Donna Armstrong
The public is welcome to view the exhibit, which is on display at The Casements gallery. The gallery is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, and 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturdays. The exhibit will be up through Sept. 29.
Remembering a local teacher
Nina Masters, a retired Seabreeze High School art teacher, died last month.
According to the Ormond Beach Memorial Art Museum's newsletter, Masters taught art at the local school for almost 50 years. She developed the "Tradewinds" annual exhibit of student art work that was exhibited at SHS and OMAM for many years.
Her obituary, published in the Daytona Beach News-Journal, states that Masters was a 1994 Teacher of the Year top five finalist, and that "her greatest achievements during her 50 years of teaching were the accomplishments of her students."
She served as the school's art department chair until her retirement in 2010.
Local public relations chapter installs new leadership
The Volusia/Flagler Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association has installed Cyndi Hines as its board president for 2021-2022.
Hines, public relations and events specialist with SMA Healthcare Foundation, was sworn in by FPRA State President Devon Chestnut during a luncheon on Aug. 26, at the Daytona Beach International Airport, according to a press release.
The other new board members are:
- President-Elect Christine Martindale, city of Port Orange
- Immediate Past President and Vice President of Programs Chris Graham, city of DeLand
- Vice President of Membership Shari Simmans, city of DeBary
- Vice President of Finance Karen Eastman, Florida Healthcare Plans
- Vice President of Accreditation and Certification Cindi Lane, APR, Volusia County Schools
- Vice President of Communications Mary Dorn, APR, Mary Dorn Communications
- Assistant to Vice President of Communications Molly Justice, National Center for State Courts
- Vice President of Student Services Sara Withrow, freelancer
- Student Faculty Advisor Ray Victor, Bethune Cookman University
- Secretary Angelene Davis, city of Palm Coast
- Senior Advisor Bob Barker, retired
Martindale and Simmans were recognized as chapter "Member of the Year" and "Rising Star," respectively.